Monday, March 26, 2012

Readings, Plus New Job!!!

I am reading at APRIL's Lit Crawl this Friday, March 30th!!!  The venue is Bluebird Creamery/Brewery on Pike ST, starting at 7:30PM. The lovely-and-talented Stacey Levine, Doug Nufer and Richard Chiem will also read, in an order not-yet-established. We won't have a merch table, but I'll have a few copies of The Ledge Magazine & Storylandia: The Wapshott Journal of Fiction on me for cash sale, just ask me after the reading!

Am also reading at Elliott Bay Books on Saturday, April 7th, with my EDGE cohort, it's our "Graduation" Reading!!! Two months ago, all 16 of us had to each perform a 7-minute reading for our first EDGE meeting, and I was completely blown away. My only coherent thought afterward was: Why aren't all of these people famous?!? So rest assured that the Elliott Bay reading is going to be fantastic, and it will have a merch table, so my mags will definitely be available there. The 16-performer reading is listed as lasting from 1PM-4PM: There is a Meet-N-Mingle from 1PM to 1:30PM, then the reading actually starts. There will be a 10-min intermission, then the reading will wrap-up by 3:30PM, leaving the last 30 minutes to Mingle-N-Maybe-Purchase-Merch.

I am super-excited about these readings! But the even bigger news today is that after 12 happy years at Rudy's Barbershop, on Monday, April 9th, I am starting a new job at Raven: Cuts, Color & Conversation!!! (http://www.ravenonpine.com/)   I am thrilled to once again work with my close friend (& super-sexy stylist) Raven Myrick at his incredibly cute salon in Capitol Hill's "Melrose Triangle," nestled between Machiavelli's Italian Restaurant and the Baltic Room on Pine ST & Melrose AVE E. I'm trying to stay as close to my current work schedule as possible to accomodate my current clients, but please friend me on FB, email me, or check this blog to find out more re: work hours.

Hope to see you at a reading, or for a haircut!!!
--P

No comments:

Post a Comment