Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Camera Died!!!

Hello, Faithful Readers: I apologize for the lag between posts! I'd wanted to provide new & current photos for this next post, but my digital camera ist tot, as the Germans might say. So, here is a picture of me on my Krewe of Selene Mardi Gras float last year, 'round about this time in 2011. I am no longer blonde, or surrounded by sparkly beads, but I still have that tiny hat and bunny ears. I missed riding in the Selene parade for the first time in five years, and was v. sad about that for several weeks. I rented the first season of HBO's Treme from the library and loved it, but in hindsight it was perhaps not the best thing to watch right before a Mardi Gras you're not going to get to go to.

I couldn't leave Kiki. She's doing much better, consistently, but that's only been over the past three weeks. Even now, with her medical issues, she's going to have to be boarded at the vet's if I ever do get the chance to go on vacation. But I'm so glad she's doing better that I can't think of anything else right now, am only glad that she's purring and breathing and sneezing in my face, as usual.

In addition to my camera being broken, the past few weeks have been busy! I've had two short stories published: "Break-Up Sex" in Clean Sheets: http://www.cleansheets.com/fiction/gaudet_02.22.12.shtml and "See You There" in Storylandia: The Wapshott Journal of Fiction: http://www.storylandia.wapshottpress.com/

I'm also in the midway-throes of the Artist Trust EDGE Professional Development Program for Writers, an 8-week boot-camp for the business-side of the writing life. This has been a fantastic experience so far, my cohort are incredibly talented and it's just such an honor to be a part of this program. It's like what I imagine the first couple seasons of Mtv's "The Real World" were like, the ones BEFORE the internet, where a group of people really bonded over a common goal and were actually friends.

More good news: I was invited (by PageBoy) to read at the APRIL LitCrawl at Bluebird Creamery/Brewery on Pike ST on Friday, March 30th at 7:30PM.
 LitCrawl info is here: http://seattlelit.com/events/seattle-litcrawl-april-festival/
APRIL info is here: http://aprilfestival.wordpress.com/about/

I'll have discounted issues of The Ledge and Storylandia available for sale/signing at the event! Hope to see you there!!
--P

No comments:

Post a Comment